Thunder and Runty?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
We had a really big storm last night and when Icame down this morning to the rabbits Runty doesn't seem well. I don'tknow if it is shock or what. He isn't eating or drinking at the moment.I've just rushed round to Siobhan's for some Science recovery feed. Hewas fine last night. He seems so lethargic and I can only explain thisas, he seems to be resting his head up against something all the timeand his nose is constantly against the wall of the hutch. I reallydon't know what to do. I think I am going to lose him. He seems to belike the other babies when they died. I really don't know what is goingon! I'm not sure if shock has made him ill or what! It's the fact hesleaning on the wall with his head up that is bothering me? Any helpwill really be apreciated, but I've not got long before I'm going backto him.

Thanks

Vickie

Dont know what you can do, is he cold? if he'scolder than he should be, put lukewarm water in a hot water bottle toheat him up, but cover it with a light towel so he's not layingdirectly on it. then get him to the vet asap if you think something'swrong. my rat did the same thing, but with him, it was his front teethgrowing too long and he couldnt eat. for you its prolly different

Pink gums are healthy. Whitish, blue nogood. Take a look? Recommend vet regardless...stormmay just have been coincidental, although, things like that can rattlebuns.

Good Luck. Prayers here are with you!

Buck

Vickie, I can'tgive you any suggestions but I'll be thinking of you. Pleaselet us know as soon as you have any news.

Raspberry

Too late...got back home and hes gone :(

Really don't know what has happened to him. This is all to familiarwith my babies and I don't know what I'm doing wrong........ one daythey are fine, the other day they aren't and I don't even get thechance for the vet to check them. Do you think the fact they wereinterbred play a part in this? Snowy, KovuandVitaniare all great so I just don't know.

All I know is Daisy wont be having anymore :(

I'm going out now in my Mum's back to bury him now with his brothers

Thanks for all your replies

Vickie

PS Ona positive note Daisy is fine now her nose has completely cleared up.

I'm so sorry,DaisyNBuster!

You poor thing. I know how you loved Runty. My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.

-Carolyn

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Too late...got back home and hes gone :(

Really don't know what has happened to him. This is all to familiarwith my babies and I don't know what I'm doing wrong........ one daythey are fine, the other day they aren't and I don't even get thechance for the vet to check them. Do you think the fact they wereinterbred play a part in this? Snowy, KovuandVitaniare all great so I just don't know.

I suspect you're correct in that observation be benig interbred, but don't know for sure unless there was tests done.

A dear friend of mine just lost her bunny on Sunday and she and thepeople she worked with were really hating the thought of tellingme. I called her the minute I found out, which was just aboutan hour ago. The little one had a bit of diarreha, was fineon Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon, he was gone. It reallyscares me when I hear these stories. It happens sofast. You're not alone in your pain.

I'm so sorry.

-Carolyn

im so srry to hear bout runty....my thoughts arewith u......we lost a bunny also due to strangulation butmanaged to get her back with a bit of cpr and mouth to mouth so i knowhow u feel ...god bless runty!!

Oh! I just happened to open this thread.

Oh, Vickie ... I know how attached you were to Runty ... my heart justgoes out ... I don't know what to say. Poor littlebaby.

Oh, HUGE hug .... I just don't know what to say ... My deepest sympathy to you all on your loss.

Back