This may sound insane but....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyandKen

Reaction score
Hi All,

A really strange thing just happened. Blade's kits all opened theireyes during last night and this morning. I've been checking them allday to see how they're doing.

When I opened the cage just now before going to bed, they all openedtheir eyes and rushed at me, and 2 started licking my hands! Then,Blade hopped in, and they all turned to face her, started squeaking,and Blaze and Jasmin left the nest and followed her to the other end ofthe 5ft cage! Not hopping, but a really wobbly walking gait.

I'd never even seen them walk before, and now 2 are chasing their mamand attacking her for milk! Surely this is too early! I didn't thinkthey'd leave the nest for another week!

Lindsey xxx

Edit: PS: They're all trying to leave the nest now and are wanderinground on their own - freak bunnies! Only Pewter isn't bothered!

How old are your kits? Once they open their eyesthe peacefull babies you once saw are gone. Now each of theirpersonalities start to show and dare devils start to show.:DOnce their eyes open they normally hop out of the nest.However, they still hop back in the nest for safety and warmth.

Yep, they're all wobbling around the cage nowlike a plague of zombies - still very dozy! Blade doesn't know what todo with herself - panting and looking quite stressed - hopping aroundcos all the babies keep trying to 'latch' on. :?

Blade'll have her hands (paws) full from now on!

Lindsey x

Edit: 'Wobblies' now; not 'wrigglies!' ;)

That is around the time that they start to openthier eyes... anywhere from day 10 to 14 is average for the eyes andears to open so you are right schedule, they sure do become littlepains in the butt, their lucky they are so cute!

Good Luck!

Fergi's mom

p.s. I had babies born on the 13th of November so I just went through that age if you have any other questions.

Make sure the kits can't slip through any spaceson the cage or anything and get hurt! If there is a gapanywhere, put something over it :)

Fergi has the cutest little babies :) I'd love to see more photos of her little guys.... *hint hint*

Thanks all - I was just worried Blade'd squashthem: she was hopping round so frantically, looking at the kits as if'This isn't right.....!' They were all chasing her for their dinner,and she hopped everytime they latched on, dragging them with her!

They've got themselves back in and are all cute and asleep again - no harm done, I reckon....:shock:Greedy buggers!

Linz xxx

Yep, Fergi used to get so ticked off at thebabies. Until she finaly realized that if she just laid down theycouldn't get to her. Sometimes she escapes to the second floor loungingarea to get away. Now the babies can get up there too so no rest forthe mama. I don't believe she is still nursing them anyways. But yeah,they wander around and then go back to their nest to sleep. It is crazyhow they know where to go! MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

Fergi's mom

Latest posts

Back