This link found in one of the posts...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
http://rabbit.org/care/vets.html

I went to that link to find a vet and start looking around at thingsand noticed "Hayward California" Which is where I moved from to livehere in Virginia.

I read the rescue story that was done there with the rabbits and now Imsitting here in tears at the HORRIBLE sight of those rabbits and whatthey had gone thru.

I am So terribly Sick to my stomach seeing that and so angry that they were treated that way.

Sorry I just had to post this cause I was so upset had to release the anger

http://www.rabbit.org/rabbit-center/hayward_rabbits.html

that is the actual link to the site i read

Hi Lop Earred Mom,

I can't read this. I get way to upset about suchthings. I'm sure it's horrible and I hope that by theirexposureof the story,the rabbits wererescued. Bless their little hearts.

Iwish that the people that abuse animals would have the sameabuse done to them - 24/7. I have no tolerance forit.

-Carolyn

People can be so crueland irresponsible sometimes... The sad part is that these'cases' are just a fraction of all of the cruelty that goeson. Although it is hard to look at things like that, it'salso nice to know that there are people that rescue and help rabbitsand other animals. I often watch 'Animal Cops' or the othershowslike it on the Animal Planet channel. Some oftheir stories do include unhappy endings, and the images can be prettygraphic (I remember there was once a dog completely covered in ticks...I could not watch it), but for the mostpart, I like watching itto see the happy endings of abused/neglected animals. And tosee the bad guys getbusted. =P

Those poor bunnies though... Itmakes me wanna adopt like ten more rabbits. (Although, myroom is WAY too small, and I think Umbra would be just a mightjealous).

--Melissa and Umbra

I watch animal planet too but for some wierd reason it doesn't touch me like this website did.

Maybe cause I see it as TV u know? if that makes any sense what so ever

Maybe because I am from Hayward California so that made it more of a realistic thing to me because it was so close to "home"

I know the stuff on animal planet is realistic dont get me wrong but Ithinks cause it was so close to where I used to live it had more of animpact of reality I dunno maybe Im babbling hehe but it makes sense inmy mind :?

Well, Fluff's vet was interned at Alameda East aka Emergency Vets before it became a TV show =)

I still remember when she had to shave Fluff's butt because she had askin fungus. (I remember having to bathe the poor bun too, heHATED it and looked like a drowned rat afterwards)

but I understand how you can be distanced from those shows.

Latest posts

Back