Thin Hair Spot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranmaryoko

Reaction score
Today during our daily grooming sessionI noticed that my rabbit has a spot on her back that has slightly thinner hair than her surrounding coat. It is only one isolated spot on her back, and you can't see her skin at all. It is just easier to reach the skin than it is on the rest of her. I didn't notice any dry skin or flakiness, just normal healthy looking skin. She also has her normal spunky attitude. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? Is it serious enough to be checked out by a vet? I was thinking I would keep an eye on it and if it started to get worse I would make an appointment but I would welcome any suggestions.

Hi, mites are possible but what is more likely is that she is shedding dead hair and you are brushing it off with your daily grooming sessions. My guys get thin patches on their backs too when they have a heavy shed and I have been grooming them. Sometimes it even looks like the skin is changing color where the patches are- but its just brand new fur coming in after the shed! I try and avoid brushing those thinner areas or using the furminator brush when their shed appears to be complete. You most likely have nothing to worry about, but it is a good idea to keep an eye as you said.

Latest posts

Back