The kindness of strangers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
There is a woman who lives in my building that Isee all the time in the elevator. I don't know her name, and shedoesn't speak english well - if at all now that I think about it. Wealways smile and nod at one another.

Well, today she had a plate of, well, I have no idea what it wasactually. She is foreign, maybe Indian (India Indian - a huge communityin this area). Anyway, she comes in, sees me and smiles and offers meone.

I know it sounds small, but it just made me feel so good. We areprobably a good 30 years apart, absolutey nothing incommon,but she still reached out in a very basic way, withkindness.

Plus, I have no idea what it was she gave me, but it was GOOD!!!! Verysweet and yummy. I asked her what it was and she told me, but Icouldn't understand her and can't remember what she said anyway.

Random acts of kindness have far reaching effectsand leave lasting impressions. How nice that you are thebeneficiary of same, recognize it, and pass the "good news" on to ushere at the Forum.

Lord knows there is so much bad news around usthat we hear about everyday! Thanks for the "upper."

Buck

Stephanie, your post made my day! It's so easy todwell on the people that you run into on a daily basis that have anasty attitude, and grouchy outlook on life, etc. Just interacting withthose types can effect the whole rest of the day sometimes. It's sonice to know and remember that there are nice people out there..... andthat being nice to a person knows no boundries according to age, skincolor, religion, or ethnicicity.

That's so sweet :)

A similar thing happened at our church this past summer. Our youthgroup was on our way home from a weekend retreat, had run intotorrential rains and flooding, and managed to lose several vehicles inour convoy. So while the 15-passenger van, with a few leaders and mostof the students, pulled into the church, our luggage was nowhere insight. Inside the building, the Indonesians were having a service andpotluck (our area has many Indonesian Christians who have fledpersecution in their home country). So as not to bother them, wehuddled, soaked to the bone, on the covered stoop.

(Little did we know at the time, one truck had nearly been submerged inthe rushing water, and the car our youth leader was driving somehowwound up in Vermont :shock:)

Well, the Indonesians saw us out there and invited us in. When thetruck finally arrived a few minutes later, they even grabbed umbrellasand helped us unload luggage. Many of the kids, with their stuff now intow, left. But a few of us were still stranded (my car keys being in mybackpack, which was making it's way 'round Vermont in a car trunk)

An Indonesian woman, who spoke no English at all, gestured at the foodand handed us plates. It was so good! :D Well, except for a dish thatone kid Ryan took a large bite of. It happened to be very spicy, and hehappened to have eaten it in the middle of a presentation by thepastor. So while everyone was solemly listening, Ryan's eyes werewatering and his face slowly turning purple. A couple of theIndonesians started snickering, and later we learn that this dish wasspicy, even for the Indonesians
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back