Thank you Patti//Slavetoabunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seniorcats

Reaction score
Thanks! Since you talked so much about how your Diva girls love APD hay, I placed a big order - mountain grass hay, timothy gold and super fiber timothy plus some grassy mats for Ali.The hay arrived today and it is spectacular looking and smelling. I've used Oxbow for years and I believe this quality is superior. I like this much better than the Sweet meadow Farms I ordered last time. The grassy mat smells really fresh too.

I just gave Mel and Ali some of the mountain hay. Ali is gobbling it up. Mel is too busy playing in the big box our new Welltrol (inside storage tank for well water as it's pumped)came in to notice yet.

Between theAPD order and a really great local first cutting, my bunnies are heaven. The problem was UPS delivery. They were 4 days late due to adverse weather conditions. I ques they drove the hay from NV rather than flew it.

So thanks again and thanks to Sparky and Scooter the taste testers.

I'm glad the buns enjoyed it. Just watch, they will turn up their little noses at other hay now. I've been using APD for four years now and have never been disappointed. The fosters think they are in heaven; I'll be they've never had hay that good. Shipping is expensive, but putting in in perspective, it's less than one manicure/pedicure for me. It's worth it for the buns!

Yeah, APD hay is amazing. When Winston and Vega came from their previous owner, they came with a huge bag of it. I didnt think I could get hay across the border to Susan so I got to keep it. It was just the most beautiful hay Id ever seen. I caught Basil chilling in the hay bag chowing down!

The prices are just more than Kleenmama, which I also love, so I just go with them. Its amazing hay though.

I guess I'm pretty lucky- My local HRS buys APD hay (Timothy Gold) by the pallet, and sells it to members at cost. 2 of my bunnies won't even touch any other hay.

Every once in a while I will run out of the APD hay, usually a couple days before the monthly meeting, and have to fill in with petstore hay. They will nose through it and then hop away. So spoiled!

That kind is better than Oxbow you think?

I've been feeding my boys Oxbow pretty much since I got them, Zeus refuses to eat all the other brands I've tried, but I've never tried APD.

Dragonrain wrote:
That kind is better than Oxbow you think?

I've been feeding my boys Oxbow pretty much since I got them, Zeus refuses to eat all the other brands I've tried, but I've never tried APD.

I have to agree with Haley. I've bought Oxbow for many years and the APD is superior.

http://www.americanpetdiner.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=americanpetdiner&Category_Code=Hay

We got an order for timothy gold, high fiber timothy and the mountain grass. The mountain grass is the first I opened and the bunnies are gobbling like it's candy. Ali likes the grassy mat but I think he prefers the ones Auntie Slavetoabunny bought a couple years for an Easter present.

I should also add this isn't setting off my nasal allergies as badly as other hays. Maybe there is less dust?

Whoa they like it better and less dust!?

I'm allergic to hay :shock:

I think I'm going to try it next time I need new hay :)

Heres a picI found of the beautiful APD hay:

Bunnies012.jpg

Yummy, huh?! lol

Kleenmama (www.kmshayloft.com) also has a gorgeous bluegrass hay that is much less dusty and much greener than oxbow timothy.

Latest posts

Back