Teary Eye and Saline Solution...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
We've moved our girls into our bedroom for two days' during a home renovation project. Emma's very stressed about the move, which occurred last night; today was thelast day of her weaning off of Reglan. (Figures. Timing is never in my favor. :()

Tonight, I notice that Emma's right eye has been tearing. (Her fur dried funny both above and below it.)

1) At this point, can I try putting saline solution in it? (If yes, how many drops?)

2) I have what's marketed as "sterile preserved saline solution for soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses." Is that the right stuff?

Note:My bunnies still have mite issues. (Their treatment protocol wasn't correct from the start.) Their previousRevolution dose is wearing off;all three of them are scratching again. :( So that could be a part of the irritation, too. Or she possibly hurt her eye last night, when she spooked and charged the NIC wall that divides her from her sister. :(

Thank you,

Jenk

pamnock wrote:
Yes, you canwash the eye out with the saline solution that you have.
Thanks, Pam. :)

I actually spoke with the vet about another issue tonight and asked her about Emma's eye. She suggested that I gently wipe the eye withsaline solution on a cotton ball; then I could try massaging near the tear duct to see if that makes an improvement (just in case it's a blocked tear duct).

Does the fun never end? ;)

Latest posts

Back