Tan is a breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimandCocoa

Reaction score
I was at my local fair this weekend and they had TONS of bunnies! I spent a lot of time looking at all of them. There were so many different types. I never knew before that "tan" is a breed! I found those rabbits to be very nice looking. I wish I had space for another rabbit because so many were on sale. They had so many cute holland lops!!! I even saw some flemishes, which I never saw in person before. Neat!

:balloons:

Tan is most definitely a breed! A very lovely looking one at that :).

I am attending a rabbit show on September 8th and September 20th this year at my local fair grounds. I went last year to the fair, but wasn't into rabbits then.

This year it is going to be so hard to walk away from all the adorable rabbits....especially when they give out FREE rabbits (even babies) on the last day of the fair because the breeders need space in their rabbitries.

Tan is not only a breed, but is also a color in some breeds. There are even Tan colored cavies!

Pam

pictan.jpg

Photo Source: http://www.sigissauhaufen.de/msrassenglatthaar.html

Yep, Tan is a breed and a color in other breeds!

My friend breeds Tan's in all four colors (black, blue, chocolate and lilac). They are a very beautiful breed- most aren't cuddlers, though. They want to go-go-go!! They are a running breed. That means they aren't posed on the show table, but are encouraged to move and sit naturally.

Thanks guys! I've had my bunny for about a year now and I feel like I'm always learning more. I never had a bunny before this, and nobody I knew did either. :)

I saw the cavies at our State Fair this year. Normally they are gone when I get there.

I was so suprised to see the hairless ones! They are so cute!

Back