Talk About An Escape Artist...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
DSC01412.JPG

This isn't a great pic, sorry, but this is the top of Mike's pen, which is two panels by four panels long. It's two panels high, but its on a platform with wheels, so its farther to the ground.

I have the top covered with the exception of a partially open panel just big enough to put his small plate and pellet bowl in it without opening the gate.

The opening ends up measuring in at about 2/3 of a panel deep by 3/4 wide. Not sure what that is in inches, but its not very big.

Mike is a Flemish Giant probably close to 15 lbs.

He's normally quite happy to stay in his home, he's been locked up in it all day and even for two days without consequence. He gets bored, upset or excited, when he's not getting his turn or treats were around, rattles the door, stretches through the hole, but that's it.

But. If it's salad time and I walk past him with Sherry and Marvin's salad, then leave the room to deliver Mister and Darry's, it's a different story.

I hear a 'plop' and Mike appears at my feet with that 'Hey!!! Where's mine?!' expression on his face, apparently after an effortless exit.

sas :huh :ponder:

Sas, are you telling me that your big Mike squeezes his huge bunneh butt up and out of that hole?
LOL!
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

How about adding another NIC over the hole. Ziptie one side to the existing roof, and put a carabiner through the other side of the grid to link it to the side of the cage?

/_ like a lid :)

I agree that I think we need to see some pictures of this.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
/_ like a lid :)

LOL! Put a lid on it. Good advice!

An action pic would be nice, but I don't want to encourage him!

Aside from leaving at inopportune times (although so far, every instance has only been at salad time), he can hurt himself.

I did try it again last night, intentionally carrying the salad past him and turned to peek, and yup, he went to jump out, but not so gracefully, he didn't clear it. I could have been distracting him, he was probably hoping/thinking I was on my way back.

Its amazing he can so easily get through it with the right motivation, though.

But you'll just have to take my word for it!

sas :bunnydance:

:shock:LOL! I can just imagine you looking down at him, then at the cage, then back at him:p

Oops, sorry Larry (Nancy), I deleted your duplicate post and both disappeared!

Are you sure you want to delete the following post by Nancy McClelland?

we've had four rabbits that were climbers, so if the opening is large enough, you have a free range rabbit.

Latest posts

Back