Taking Sophie to the Vet in a few minutes.......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerchick

Reaction score
over the past couple days i've been noticing poor Soph sneezing ALOT. even in her sleep and today she basically sneezed continually, called the vet i take my dog too, thank god they have a rabbit vet there, and they got me in for 5 today..... will update when i come back. i hope shes ok, i don't want to loose her (shes only still a babe) we are tight on money right now :S my aunt is fronting the money for her care. thank god.

just worried about my little Sophie :(

Poor girl. I'm glad you're getting her vet care even though money is tight. Hopefully it's nothing serious! I've had runny nosed bunnies before and they got better after getting medicine.

PHEW!

just got back she has
Pasteurella which is what i suspected, vet said she had a temperature too, but i got some medication and she should be okay. so glad i could take her in, vet said it hadn't gotten to serious yet. now i'm just worried about my other rabbit catching it, but i have seperated them.

Glad you caught it early! What medication is she on and for how long? I don't know much about antibiotics, but I know that sometimes vets don't give enough medicine for the bunny to take it long enough to be truly effective. I'm sure if you post the medication name, dosage amount, and how long she'll get the medicine, someone with more experience can tell you if it's right :)

its called Chlor. Palm, i got to give her 2 doses a day in a oral syringe at the "2" notch. vet said after i run out of the bottom to go back to make sure its gone :p

Pebbles used Choropalm a couple of times during her sneezing. She had and used other medications too. The sneezing was life long and she just lived with it. It didn't bother her bonded mate as Bebe wasnever sick in her life.

Best of luck with the recovery! I'm sure she'll be fine :)

My dutch, George, got pasturella and it got into his lungs and he wasn't able to be saved. He got a needle(maybe penicillin?) and he was given baytril. I can't remember the dose, but the forum members said it wasn't near to what he should of been getting. :(

Latest posts

Back