Summer Is Getting.............

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lover_Of_Lopz

Reaction score

ok I am soooooooooo nervous,:panic: we are getting our 1 year old girl bunny spayed very soon!!!!!She is always kind nervous and jumpy,will getting her spayed help with that?And will it help her litter box habits? This is the 1st time I have had a bunny fixed(since we only have one at a tine)when she comes home what should I do? will she need special care? sorry if I sound frantic, but I am:shock:!!!!

:apollo: ---Nicole&Summer

I can understand its always a nerveracking thing she should be fine though. SHe will be a bit sore and usually a bit out of it on the pain meds they give them. Leave her to settle in her cage pref no drafts so she can keep warm. Also put a towel down and only a bit of hay in so that it doesnt irritate her tummy.

Plenty of fresh water and veggies to help her get eating again usually works well.

I find it usually takes my does 2 to 3 days for them to perk up and go back to normal so try not to stress if for a couple of days she isn't very happy.

it will take a while for her nature to settle down after her spay but you should see soem differences and it should help her litter box habbits :)

!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!! I am dying for her to lay on her belly and stretch out, will she? she dose not because she is nervous.:bunnyheart

----Nicole&Summer:biggrin2:

How longhave you had her for? I find the easiest way to get them used to me when they are nervous is to sit beside their cage with a book or something to do and just ignore them it lets them come up and sniff you (cause they are really nosy even when nervous!) and they will gradually get used to you. Once she gets used to that start giving her treats for coming up to you. She will soon settle and relax when she reliases how safe and nice you are then you will see her chill out more :)

Well I have had her for almost 1 year She will roll over on her side and lay down while I am sitting next to her:biggrin2: but she wont lay on her belly just on her side .But she is not nervous about me (she loves me)than what is she scared of?

some don't I always find mine are so different and I have 6 in the house 3 will roll right on their back and the other 3 won't but they will lay on their side. It just depends on their personalities :)she sounds as though she is really happy with you though :)

ok, so that's why. yes she is very happy and spoiled rotten I will put picks on soon!!!

:biggrin2:i cant wait!!!!while i am,can anyone tell me thair first bunn getting fixed story?

The first rabbit I had spayed was a dwarf lop called Misty at that time we hadn't had rabbits very long and the vets told us that they keep does in overnight as its more invasive than a neuter. at 5 pm we got a phone call from the vets saying please come pick your rabbit up she is nuts LOL she was hyper and totally back to normal!!

I actually had Lucy my black otter doe spayed just 4 days ago she is a lovely girl and has been a fab mum but she has only managed 2 litters with live babies and usually has only 1 or 2 big babies so we decided it was unfair on her to breed and I have got a new doe to use instead. So she had her spay on tuesday and was pretty out of it (we got her back at 4 pm) she was a bit uncomfy and not eating great for a day or so only Kale but 2 days on she was totally back to normal.

I always expect my does to be much slower at recovering than a boy is and the best thing is try not to stress they are so doped up I think that doesn't help them with eating.

Latest posts

Back