Success!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Woohoo!!!

Valura spent her first night in the big cage with Abby and Chompers!!!

It took a couple of weeks, some of it shaky at best, but now Abby andValura are finally friends. I swear, at times I was really thinking itwas never going to happen, what with the way Abby was actingtowards Valura.

Finally,a few days ago, we went one full day with Abbychasing Valura only once. Then, while Valura was in the big cage, Abbywent in and didn't chase her out, which was a first. Actually, Abbyhopped up on the shelf and began to groom her. After a couple more daysof highly supervised cage time, it was obvious that all three rabbitswere fine with the new situation. Well, Chompers never had a problemwith Valura, it was just the two does.

I'm so happy that they're finallygetting along. Valura hassuch a cute personality, although it's interesting to see her pickingup things from Abby. Here's a picture of the first time Abby didnt'chase Valura out of the cage and was grooming her. I knew it was a donedeal by this time.

What a great story and a beautiful picture! They make an adorable couple. What little Loves!

-Carolyn

I know, they do look so cute together. I'm so happy and relieved that it's finally done. Like I said, things got shaky.

Last night, well early morning as it was around 4:30, I woke up to heara racket coming from the living room. I instantly thought Abby wasattacking Valura, so I rush out to see what's going on. Ended up beingValura running back and forth on the shelf, 100% happy to be in there.Abby and Chompers were eating hay of course.

Both Dave and I could tell Valura hated being in the "baby cage", awayfrom the other two. She would run anywhere but in there when it wascage time, but last night she bolted right into the big cage.

That's so great, Stephanie. I'd love to add a third rabbit, but I just don't know yet....we'll see :)

That picture is socute! It seems like time has just whizzed right by! I'm so glad Abbyfinally accepted Valura...all the little doll wanted was to be loved!It should be smooth sailing from here on out!

Raspberry

Thats great. I need to work more with mine havingbathroom time. I want mine to share a cage too., but not sure ifRoger's cage is big enough. He has the biggest cage.

Cristy

I know what you mean, Raspberry. It did go byquickly! Trust me, I'm glad it did though. It was kinda stressful attimes, when poor little Valura was sitting away from the other two andalways getting chased around.

Of course, now she will hardly look at me these days. :p I'm sureshe'll get over that eventually too. Abby went through that stage aswell.

Stephanie, I am so pleased it has worked out sowell - you did a real good job. That picture says a thousand words.Valura must be counting her blessings for the day you fell for her inthat store and rescuingher- Jan

Stephanie wrote:
Yes, Abby sure is "Top Bun" around here. She even lords itover the two cats. :p

Bless her heart!

You Go,Abby!

-Carolyn

I really need to get apicture of herand the cats, it's just too funny. Of course, you know how thatnormally goes, as soon as you get the darn camera ready, all partiesinvolved take off.

Latest posts

Back