story+litter box QT =!!!HELP!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lover_Of_Lopz

Reaction score

Iam watching a friends bunn for a few days(well he used to be mine) we had to keep our bunns in a cold basement with dogs:shock: And my mom said if I found a home for one we could keep the other upstairs in my room. At the same time my neighbor and best friend was looking for a house bunny to love. It worked out great!!:biggrin2:!! She wanted him (keebler) and so I let her (with a heavy heart)have him I know keeping him would be selfish and he would be better off in a home wear he was spoiled rotten:pand the best part is both bunns are up stairs ,spoiled rotten,and I get to see him every day!!! The problem is he wont potty train we have been trying for 2 years !!!!:?dose anyonehave a helpful hint for us?

:litterempty:...... :litterfew:....... :litterhealthy:........:dutch

well, my female took to it straight away!

i guess ur bun is indoors... put her/him in the cage, hutch ect and corden a bit off(like only the top bit of hutch). but it still has food and water ect... put some soiled bedding into the tray/litterbox. she should ctch on how to us it. give ger a little bit more room. but if sshe makes more than a "few"(5) mistakes in one ay put her in the small bit. do dis till she is trinned. if she is not netered/spayed she might stop it when he/she is "growing up" so get he/she netered/ spayed and she might do it again or a little trainnng again.

(dont keep ur bunny in tere all day let him/her out to play) he/she will soon use it.

(rabbits are clean, they uuse the same spot to go to the toilet, so put it in that place. resarch on wht to put n it. i use wood shavings)

hope it helps:biggrin2:

It would help if you listed what things you've already tried.

Is he pooping everywhere? Peeing everywhere? Is he fixed? Have you tried different litter boxes? Different types of litter? Different placement of the litter box? Try putting his hay over his litter box.

My bunny took to litter training pretty easily. I saw what spot he was tending to pee in in his cage. I then moved his litter box over that spot. I also put his hay rack above his box as I noticed he would poop and eat. Problem solved.

Also putting some used litter(with pee on it) or some poops into the box will help him know what its for.

Was he good with his litter pan habits before being allowed to run around? Is he a free-range bunny or a caged one? Is he neutered? Neutering tends to help... How is/are his litter pan(s) set up?

One great thing to do is if the bun is spayed/neutered, is to scoop up loose poos and put in the litter pan and also wipe up any urine accidents with a paper towel and place that in the litter pan. The smell helps them associate their scent with the litterbox, so they tend to start going there.;)

Back