Storing Large Bag of Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
What do you store your large bag of pellets in? I just got my big 50 pound bag of Oxbow pellets and was wondering what everyone stored them in.

I was thinking of putting them in one of those large Rubermaid containers (in the original bag of course).

Thanks

Susan:)

We order ours in bags that size, and we have a big kitchen bin in our kitchen with a roll-top lid. They last about 3 months per bag and stay nice and fresh that way! We empty them out of the bag....

Obviously we have to label that bin so that nobody makes any mistakes and thinks it's for rubbish! :shock:

If I'm not going to use the bag within 3 months I seperate it into ziploc bags and freeze it until 48 hours before needed. As long as there isnt any moisture in there they will be fine to freeze and defrost and no nutrients should be lost. Otherwise a bin (I prefer one that has no top on it or drill a few holes in the top to allow it to get some ventilation) will do the job if no moisture can get into it (or rabbit lol:p ).

Latest posts

Back