Spraying pee all of a sudden?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordiwes

Reaction score
Hey all, I can't think why my babies would be spraying pee all of a sudden. We just moved the futon into their room, but they've been playing with that piece of furniture in our office for a couple of years now.

Now there is pee all over the wall by the futon, and Jordi is starting to get a little aggresive with us. She charged my hubby the other day.

Wesley is humming and chinning everything. If they hadn't been fixed for 2 years now, I would say it's mating season or something.

It wouldn't be a health reason, would it? The sprayed pee is a little orange/red in colour, but that's not too abnormal...

Anyhow, any feedback would be appreciated.

I read a beautiful article somewhere about how if you move a rabbits room around they can't appreciate that it's the same place, so need to start from scratch.

This might be the case here, you have added some furniture, so it could seem like a totally new room to them, or an invasion into their room, so maybe they are spraying it to mark their territory and feel safer with it there. It must be quite imposing.

Latest posts

Back