split nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnytopia

Reaction score
Our blue Lionhead fluff had 6 babies late Tuesday night, everything went well andfluff andbabies are doing well! Now for the bit that confused us, wednesday morning we went out to check and fluff had started 2 build another nest so i left her to it and just kept checking on her throughout the day, Yesterday i went out to check and could only find 4 babies, went out later to have proper look around and found the other 2 babies in the back nest she was building wednesday morning both nests are very warm and wiggly this morning she has added another baby to the back nest and the front nest dont seem to be as big and as fed as the back nest. everything i have ever read about kindling does says that the doe will never move a baby even if there is something wrong with the kit and i have never heard of it. would anybody have any kind of idea why fluff has done this and what i should do about the front nest not being fed as much?

luv Sam x x

Not sure why the does sometimes will segregate their litters. In some cases, they'll separate out weak or sick kits, while in other cases, I've heard of does separating by color (white vs dark).

It's even possible that the kits separated themselves, so the doe built another nest.

You can try combining the kits back into one nest, although the doe may separate them again.

Pam

i was thinking about putting them all in the back nest as that is where fluff built her nest originally but i think she had her kits while building and built the other nest around her babies, i will get them back together and let you know how it goes.

luv Sam x x

Latest posts

Back