Spaying Pepsi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
I'm sort of scared right now. I've been thinking about spaying Pepsi for awhile, but she doesn't handle stress at all. Anything that happends that upsets her, she usually then doesn't eat for a few days. I know a good chunk of information regarding the safety of the spays, the high chances of uterine cancer, ect so I'm well aware of these things. I'm just worried she won't recover after her spay.. I've almost lost her more than once with statis being stress related, so I don't know if she could handle it.

:nerves1I'm sort of between a rock and a hard place on this one.. I just don't know what to do.

This is a very personal decision, so I won't pretend to have an answer. I would reccomend making an appointment to weigh the pros and cons with your veterinarian.

Good idea:). This probably isn't a decision that you would want to rush.

Do you think a vet would pressure me into spaying her? I'm a little weary of asking the vets opinion due to her situation.. if they're a resonable vet, they'd take the animals welfare before the spay wouldn't they? I haven't dealt with many vets, so I'm not too sure.

Depends on the vet. If they seem rabidly pro-spay no matter the consequences, hold your ground and make your own decision. I think most would listen to your concerns and take them to heart.

Most good vets will be honest with you and listen to your concerns. If they don't, then they probably aren't the right vet.

Ok thanks! Could I talk with them over the phone, or would I have to book an appointment? Would Pepsi have to come?Or does that just depend?

I think it might be a good idea to bring Pepsi in, unless you're worried about that causing too much stress too. A check-up isn't a bad idea. Maybe you could set it up for really early in the morning, or another slow time, when there would be fewer dogs at the clinic? If she's afraid of dogs, that is.

If that doesn't work,schedule a time to talk to the vet on the phone. That's better than just calling, because he won't be worrying about the patient that he really should be seeing to at the moment.

good decision i would not rush her in to it just wait until your absolutely sure like you say the stress could kill her so take your time .hope everything works out for you

I think I've decided to put it off for awhile. I just don't think I have the guts to put her through something like a spay. It would kill me if something happend to her and it was because of my decission

That's probably the best for her. I'm a fan of spay/neuter, but I'm uncomfortable recommending it for animals that might have trouble with the surgery. Spaying isn't necessary.:)

I would be a nervous wreck if I did have to get her spayed.. I don't think it would be worth it (emotionally and for me, financially as well).

There are signs before right? She is only a bit older then a year and a half, so I don't think I have to worry about uterine tumors this early. My old bunny Smokey was a doe, and she was very old when she died, so I don't think she was hit with uterine cancer.

Latest posts

Back