Spaying a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriendOfTheBunnies

Reaction score
Well, I finally decided to get Babs spayed,*sigh*.. meaning I don't have to worry about any unexpected newcomers:). However, she was spayed two days ago, and seems to be alittle sore still (and understandably so). At least the other3 bunnies are so nice to her. Buster just cuddles up next toher while the babies run around and play :). Anyways, I waswondering how long it normally takes before bunnies are back to normalafter their surgery. thanks!

Sorry I dont know how long it will take for Babsto get back to normal. Im pretty sure it would be similar to a cat, soa week or so, but thats just a guess!

Hope she is soon herself again!

Siobhan xxx

FriendOfTheBunnies wrote:
Well, I finally decided to get Babs spayed, *sigh*.. meaningI don't have to worry about any unexpected newcomers :).However, she was spayed two days ago, and seems to be a little sorestill (and understandably so). At least the other 3 bunniesare so nice to her. Buster just cuddles up next to her whilethe babies run around and play :). Anyways, I was wonderinghow long it normally takes before bunnies are back to normal aftertheir surgery. thanks!
I think each onerecovers at their own pace, but i'd give her a couple weeks, and eventhen it's gota feel pretty funny inside. one my friends buns after herspay she spent alot of time with her front feet proped up on the litterbox, guess she was more comfy that way it took her about 3 weeks, butthen you hear others who they have to pet taxi them a day or so afterbecause they are too lively and might injur themselves. ourbest to babs

Latest posts

Back