sore hocks again?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
I just read one of the previous posts and am a bit worried. I let my 2 rexes out on the concrete to play as thats the only place I can keep them secure. To begin with,m their paws bled almost everyday. When I mentioned it to the vet he said it was fine. They still have scabs but have not bled in weeks.

The binkie and run about like mad. Should I be worried?

Hi sheridan,

I would think that after two weeks the scabs should have healed.

I had two buns with sore hock issues. After healing, they formed almost a calous texture to the skin effected and have never had problems since.

There's a product out there that may help to heal and conditon their hocks....it's called Bag Balm. :D

~Jim

Sorry, I didn't realize that you in the UK.

I'll pop over to the RU peeps and see if they know.....back in a few......

Original Bag Balm is made in Vermont, USA....but there are a lot of places on the internet that will arrange shipping outside the US if you're interested.

~Jim

:yes:

It works really well. It seems to stick to the affected area better than some of the other products.

Did I mention that Buck Jones is the one who introduced me to Bag Balm?? I really knew nothing about it until after Buck had passed. We found it when we inventoried his Bunnie Box where he kept all of his bunnie stuff.

~Jim

sheridan wrote:
he seemed like a good decent guy:colors:
....and then some, for sure.
I sure miss him being around. Although, in some ways he still is.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back