sore hock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patches2593

Reaction score
i noticed that ever since my rabbit has had sore hocks hes been having his head down near his foot with his foot extended. i dont know if hes licking it or chewing on it so i got bitterapple from my petstore so if he is chewing on it, he wont make it worse. can i use bitterapple on his sore hock????

How does he have sore hocks? How long for?

How long is he spending paying attention to his feet? Is it both equally? Is it involved with his grooming routine? ie. does he wash his face and then move to his feet?

Jen

beofre i got him he was on wire so i think he got it from there cuz his cage that hes been living in has carpet. i noticed it a few weeks ago. he'll pay attention to his fweet a couiple times a day.i think it is involoved with his daily routine but he seems to be cleaning it a little more

I wouldn't personally use the sour apple on it-it could sting on the sore hocks and really hurt. ( Someone may know better than me on that one, but it seems like it could hurt )

I added fleece to my bunnies cage this summer when her sore hocks got really bad. Are they open sores, or is the fur just missing? Is it really red and puffy, or just looks a little irritated and missing the fur there?

Latest posts

Back