Sore hock or calluse?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzybeaar

Reaction score
Hello all! Tonight i was petting my little one then picked her up to check her paws and I noticed she had a little bump on one if her feet! I panicked & thought it was a sore hock but I read & many said it also might be just a calluse because there is no bleeding or cracking like many pics I've seen. Its still covered with fur but i do notice some pink on the bottom. I also have touched it, its hard & she didnt seem to be bothered by it but she did squirm the first time i put my finger on it.Please help me identify so I know if i should go to vet asap or maybe some type of ointment like neosporin that's safe for bunnies

She does not live on a wire-floor cage, I have soft memory foam carpet out where she lives but my flooring is hardwood floor & she would occasionally hop around but usually (80%) just loafs on my bed or her bed.
I am going to put out more carpet or soft fleece blankets on the floor for her

24yprh1.jpg

fu9vs1.jpg

20qm789.jpg

2ziq9nk.jpg

2ezpfeg.jpg

Please do not bump your topic just because you haven't received any replies within the day. May of our members are more active in the evening.

Also it may help to take better photos. Hard to see much with those.
Try and get one or 2 with decent lighting and move the fur out of the way of the spot you're concerned about.

My buns sometimes have little baldish spots on their hocks as well, especially when they're shedding. A better picture would help. I'd think that as long as it doesn't look red, painful, swollen or inflamed, and if your bunny isn't showing signs of discomfort when she walks on her hocks, it's nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get bigger.

It does look like your rabbit has sore hocks but I don't see why if he is always mostly on soft flooring. My rabbits had sore hocks and they loose their fur on the padding and it is dry. Could you send a close up picture and split his fur apart on that spot? Because I can't really see what it is right now. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back