Something's not right with MooShu...long post.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the long time between updates.

Things are going okay.

Moosh isn't up to 100%, but she's not in any danger or stress.

She's eating most of her pellets and drinking a little more that she has been. She eats all of her oats and papaya, but has hardly touched her hay. She's never been big on hay though. She's not crazy about greens either, but I've got some fresh romaine and parsley that I may try to temp her with.

On advice from the vet we decided to do just the opposite of what I was planning. Instead of letting her out to run, we decided to keep her activity at a minimum and keep her as comfortable as possible. We're thinking she may have sprained or strained something and just needs a few more quiet days to heal.
Yesterday and today Moosh was moving around almost normally. Little two footed hops were happening!!! She even stretched out and laid with froggie legs for a short while. I watched her clean both hind legs with absolutely no problems and she been consuming all of her cecals as well.
If she's doing well this evening, I'm going to try to find a quiet hour or so to let her out to run a bit.

~Jim

Good to hear! I'm glad that she is improving:). Prayers for her continued recovery:pray::pray::pray:.

What a relief to know she's doing better :) It's so hard to see them sick, or even just "off".

Lots of (((be better))) vibes and prayers for Moosh :pinkpansy:

I've been thinking of you and Moo. I'm glad to hear she's a bit better. Blankies seem to help everyone feel better too :)

I just now got a chance to read all that...and am happy to read that Moosh is feeling better! *sigh of relief* :)

:bunnydance::bunnydance: Maisie and Flower do a Get Well Soon bunny dance for her...:D

Thanks for the prayers vibes, thoughts and dances!

Moosh is having a good morning so far. She ate all of her pellets, oats, papaya, and she even ate 2 leaves of romaine last night. And she drank a good amount of water and ate some of her timothy hay and alfafa cube. I can feel that she's put a little weight back on, but still needs to bulk up a little more (extra pinch of rolled oats!)

I looks like she peeing closer to the back corner of her litter pan. The last few days she's been peeing close to the front, leading me to believe that she was having some problems moving around well enough to use the back corner as usual (funny that we know their litter habits down to these types of details...eh?). But, today there was a poofy pile of WoodyPet more towards the back corner.
Lots of poops of near-normal type were in abundance as well.

She's moving around a little bit more, and really enjoys the blankie I gave her. She stretches out with ears straight up and gets that sleepie/slit-eyed look of contentment on her face. I even caught her tossing her toys around after I had moved them.

~Jim
I've got some new pics of Moosh....I just need to download them to my PC:shhhh

Wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better, and moving around more, and more content in general...what a trouper!! :)

Time for a Bunny Dance of glee!! :bunnydance::bunnydance:

I just wanted to thank everybun and give an update.

MooShu is pretty much back to normal as far as eating/drinking/poopin/peein. She's gained enough weight back that I'm not concerned and her activity has increased as well.

We're starting to move forward with the relocation so she should have more than enough room to live and excercise.

And thanks again for all of the posts, PMs, and support.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back