Something in Eye- need help asap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
Sabriel has newspaper or something in his eye and I tried to get it out but I fear Ikm doing more harm than good. It's making him freak out because it's impairing his vision. I'm holding him on my bed now so he doesn't flip out like last night (i was able to get it out last night).

I have these eyedrops from when he had hay in his eye before called tobramycin ophthalmic solution usp.. wouyld that be safe to use again?

Do you have any saline (like some contact lens solution?) Try holding his eye open and rinsing it out with that. Tobramycin is an antibiotic and while it might help prevent an infection, it won't help you actually get something out.

Thank you- it seems to have gone but I'm sure I'll need it in the future. I have two GIANT bottles of

"Opti-free Replenish"
"Multi-purpose disinfecting solution"

I'm not sure if that's okay?

Ah... nevermind.. it says it expired in 2009. >_>
I have two large bottles never been used. Urrrgh!

I'm familiar with opti free and if it's never been opened it should still be fine, but if it has been opened get rid of it because you don't want bacteria growing in the bottle.

I'm not sure of the multi-purpose disinfecting solution bit though, that sounds painful

Latest posts

Back