Something ELSE wrong with Mochi... (Resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asianangel

Reaction score
I'm going nuts...6 vet visits in a month is a bit much. :X On her side of her back leg there's like a bloody scrape scabbed over a bit...maybe she skinned herself somehow? Anyway she flinches when I touch her....maybe it's infected? Anyone know what it could be? SOOO frustrated...the worst thing is everyone at work is sick and we're WAY understaffed...for the past 2 weeks I've been doing 6 other people's work. ARGHHHH.

Picture?
Any pus?
Do you have something like betadine to clean it up with? Then, neosporin/polysporin (without antibiotics) to coat.

Sorry for all of Mochi's troubles... :hug:

Mister has the same thing, I'm just assuming its an odd 'sore hock.' I had the vet do surgery on it while he was getting neutered, but it didn't do much, wasn't really that kind of abscess.

Better just to keep it clean and put some Betadine on it a couple times a day, it should be fine.

You have to really make sure his litter is clean and that it doesn't get any infection in the bone. That's usually pretty easy to do with daily treatments and a clean environment.

PS: If it doesn't clear up with a week or two of external treatments, then I'd look at a systemic antibiotic instead of an external one.

sas :clover:

I just applied Betadine on it for the second time today. I think she might have a problem keeping clean cuz she's not toilet trained. She just poos and wees all over T.T...I dunno if this had to do with before (cuz she had injured legs and couldn't hop into a particular spot to do her biz in). We clean her home everyday and cover all her wee with bits of cloth to soak it up....*sigh*...she's one bag of troubles...I'm gonna take her to the vet soon for a vaccination soon (they're gonna release the Calci virus near my area) so I'll get him to check on her on that as well.

You can use infant or puppy diapers if that's an issue, particularly while she heals. Is her overall mobility impaired, or is it just because of the wounds?

That was a past issue. She can move fine. But her bad habits might have stayed.

Latest posts

Back