some mod help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
A few years ago I sold off all my chinchillas but kept all the cages. So now I have 4 2 holes chinchilla cages and wanted to see if I can make them into bunny cages they are really nice cages and paid $100 each for them with shipping. The guy that makes them lives in OH. The measurements is 48" long 21" deep it is then divided by 3 wood dividers each cage is 21"x15"x12" I would love to just make 4 big bunny cages just not sure how to do it. Here is a pic of the cages.

cage.jpg

They are too short for rabbits. A rabbit should be able to stand up in the cage and not touch the top. They are also a bit narrow, but for small breeds it could work.
If you could make them a bit taller it would be better. I am not sure if you could do that on your own, but you could get some wire mesh at a hardware store.
They could be used for dwarf breeds with the current height, but I would not use them for larger breeds unless you could make it taller.

Can you post better pictures?

Can you remove the dividers? What breed of bun? How much out time?

Picture of it open and inside?

Well right now we have english lops. I was also thinking holland lop for the younger kids. I just want to know if I can use them I might just brake them down and put them on this metal rack I got from work I can make 4 cages from them. Just kinda working on a space issue and want to use what I have. When I got to the show friday I know I am bring home at least 2 more english lops. Might get some holland lops too.

From what I can see I would not put a holland in there.

My advice: craigslist or otherwise sell the cages (try a local pet store?) And buy new bunny ones... or supplies for bunny ones. I can send you different plans...

I am going to get the shelf frame from work and build 4 cages from there. I am going to have 3 sides with wood so no rain can blow in. Even though they are on my porch it can still blow in. The only wire will be on the front. They will be about 4' x 2 1/2' x 2 1/2 ' so it will be much bigger even bigger than one of the cages I got from the breeder.

Latest posts

Back