Soft poop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyRue

Reaction score
I've noticed today that Rue seems to have soft poop pellets. There has been no diet change. She gets Timothy pellets and Timothy hay that is in front of her 24/7. She has access to fresh clean water 24/7. I clean her cage and litter box twice a day as well as dump and clean her water bowl twice a day.

Could it be from the heat? She lives inside but we don't have A/C so it gets kind of warm in the apartment. I've been putting a frozen 2L water bottle to lay by if she is hot. She is drinking lots and eating.

Should I be worried? Or is this normal to happen once and awhile? The weird thing is that she will poop regular then there will be soft. Its been off and on all day. She also has been peeing on the carpet outside of her cage today which she NEVER does. She always pee's in her litter box so this is weird.

She will be 3 months on the 5th.

She managed to break out of her play area today and she might have drank water from my dogs fountain which has anxiety relief drops in it. They are natural homeopathic. I just remembered that she did this. Though I don't know if she for sure drank Maggies water.

The urine could be the start of female hormones kicking in, but I'm not sure.

Is she getting any veggies? If so, the soft poop could be from a particular one that didn't bother her before.

That's all I can think of.

No she doesn't get veggies or fruit yet. I was told to wait until 6 months.

I was wondering about hormones but she is still kind of young isn't she? I am still trying to find a rabbit savvy vet in my city. A google search showed me one rabbit vet but i've heard bad things about him. And my dogs vet didn't seem confident in dealing with rabbits when I asked him.

The heat can set them off. I know it does mine. We tried not to turn the A/C until we had too. And we had soft poo too. Nothing abnormal. Once they cooled down, they were fine.

Rue is now 3 months. The peeing could be part of her hormones starting to kick in. Watching Luna, she started getting "moody" around that time. Not so much peeing, but started giving me "angry faces" (ears down). Now that she's 5 months old, I know this "angry" face is her way of saying, I'm moody. lol

Welcome to the World of a Blossoming Hormonal Teenage Doe.

K

Yay for hormonal teenage doe!! I have a moody mare, a moody female dog and a moody doe. I am just rockin the hormonal female animals lmao!

She is lucky she's cute. She was having a bit of a "don't touch me phase" for a few days last week and now she is back to her "I want to cuddle and you must love me" moments. Its cute because she wont let anyone else touch her. My friend who has her sister was playing with her the other night and Rue wouldn't let her touch her. So she just sat on the floor while Rue did circles. She then started to dig at her back and when my friend went to put her hand behind her to stop her from digging she let out a huge growl and took off lol.

Latest posts

Back