Soft poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starina

Reaction score
My rabbit is pooping weird. She is having large,mushy poop and her tummy is making gurgly noises. Is this Diarriah? What do I do?

~Star~

I have taken her food out and given her some oats. She is eating them. I am worried. Her tummy is making loud noises. Obsenely loud.

~star~

I feel better, It looks like it is a big cecal poo ball. :melodramaticI just have never seen them before.Whew. Her stomach is still making noises. I will just have to keep an eye on her. I feel so stupid for freaking out about her poop. :blushan:

~Star~

Oh no, don't feel stupid! Freaking out about poop is not stupid at all! :D

Just keep monitoring her appetite. Those tummy gurgles could be gas. If she's eating and seems comfortable, she's fine :).

She seems to be doing okay. I am getting ready to feed her so I'll have to watch her. She is kind of a gassy bunny on a normal day. :blushan:This was my first scare of something being wrong with her. I don't know what I would do with out her.

Thanks.

~Star~

Starina wrote:
She is kind of a gassy bunny on a normal day. :blushan:
What are you feeding her?

So sorry I missed your first post. :( Like many of the mods, I look at the number of responses to make sure someone is one it, so I thought someone had responded, didn't realize you had posted again yourself.

:imsorry:

But soft poops and gas are common but not normal, we should try and figure this out.

sas

I hope your rabbit is feeling better. How is she doing? Is that her in the picture? She is adorable.

I have a question. Do the soft poops smell? Our bunny poops soft all the time and it gets mushed all over her bottom and the cage. I am very concerned now.

How is your rabbit feeling? I love that picture of your rabbit yawning. So adorable. I gave ours just timothy hay yesterday but I felt like she was starving so I have her pellets today.My daughter did. So if you only give her timothy hay and water all daylong that is enough for them? I feel like we are starving her?

Hi everyone.

I took Smokey to the vet on March 10th (last Saturday) and she has been doing so much betterwith the poo poo all over her butt since we changed her diet like I wrote about previously on here. She did have some poo poo stuck to her butt so the vet shaved her fur on her butt.Boy did he take a lot of fur off of her and then he checked her butt and said she was fine and we got her there in time before she had no infection which is great news. He also trimmed her nails. My daughter was sad cuz she wasn't there for her rabbit. But she was fine. A bit scarred but she did well. Thanks for all of your help

Latest posts

Back