soft pellet poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilzzy

Reaction score
donut has started getting soft poops! they're in the shape of his normal pellet poops, and he does not have poopy butt. recently i tried introducing oxbow pellets- he had eaten a few (4 or 5 pellets), but the next day did not even try eating them, therefore i took them out of his diet and just left the pellets he usually eats. this happened a few days ago. just a few minutes ago, donut had many soft pellet poops! could the changing of food be the reason of this?
he is drinking water normally, eating hay normally, exercising as usual and eating his pellets normally.

Changing food could be the reason. It's best to switch to a new pellet over at least 2 weeks, gradually increasing the amount of new pellet and decreasing the old. It sounds like an imbalance in his cecum--the part of the digestive tract that produces cecals, or the poops they're supposed to eat. The bacteria in there are really important and can be sensitive to changes. I'd do the switch more slowly, and/or give him a probiotic like Bene-Bac (from a pet store) or Probios (from a farm supply store).

Latest posts

Back