So Muppet has worms!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so Muppet is starting to pass a few normal poops with a little surprise in them....Pin worms!

So Pipp thinks that is her main problem and has lowered her immune system. Its very gross but a little panacur and she should be OK.

Poor thing! Yeah worms are not pleasant. My cat had worms once. I found out when he was snuggling with me and a worm fell out of his butt. And it started wiggling. Completely grossed me out. I believe I took him to the vet that day. Did not need worms in my bed haha.

I wish little Miss Muppet a speedy recovery.

When I first adopted my dog he had such bad pin worms,round worms, and tape worms... They would crawl out of him and my roommate's cat kept trying to play with them so I kept him locked in his crate until I got dewormer the next day. Once I gave it to him (it took 4 doses of different types to kill them all) it looked like he was pooping noodles for about 3 days. It grossed me out, and I've seen some pretty gross things when interning at the vet hospital that gets the weird cases.

Put me off eating pasta for a few months...

Yeah how's she doing? Were there lots of worms you saw? I'm trying to figure it out with Ripley. For him I've seen what look like worms but I haven't seen them move which when I''ve seen worms with a dog they definitly moved.

Muppet is doing very well :) With some poops I would only see one worm and with other poops I would see several. I am going to post a public service announcement because a lot of people have been reporting worms. I will post a pic of what Muppets worms looked like. Muppets worms where never moving.

First little Jersey Wooley rabbit we had years ago had pin worms, tons of them. He had been housed in an old chicken coup. Have you thought to treat Fraggles as a preventative. The eggs may be housed in the carpeting and could warrent shampooing. The can also be passed to humans, I know as kids anyone that played in the dirt got a summer treatment, my daughter's kids do now.

gmas rabbit wrote:
First little Jersey Wooley rabbit we had years ago had pin worms, tons of them. He had been housed in an old chicken coup. Have you thought to treat Fraggles as a preventative. The eggs may be housed in the carpeting and could warrent shampooing. The can also be passed to humans, I know as kids anyone that played in the dirt got a summer treatment, my daughter's kids do now.

Do chickens usually carry them? We have chickens now (housed seperate from the bunnies of course) but don't want Ripley passing them to the chickens or the chickens or Ripley passing them to Taffy.

Latest posts

Back