Sniff's fur change

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniffy

Reaction score
Right, so here we go. Every year around the spring till summer my rabbit changes his fur colour from brown to black, and from black to brown. It's rather cute actually- he shade his brown fur from his head first till his back legs, and at some point it looks like he is wearing brown pants, until they completely fall off his back and his back to be shiny black.

This year, he started a bit late, and changed his fur diffrently, he started growing balled, and only later grew his black fur. It took him longer then usal too, and actually he is still 'working on it' now. he is still balled around his leg in some places. and I dont see the fur comes out yet (though on the other parts it took some time too). He doesnt seem very conisrned, and happy as usal. My question is why does it happen and is there anything I can do to fasten up the prosses?

Thank you for helping!

Sivan

I think we should call Al Gore and have him include the current rabbit fur situation in his Global Warming movie.

I've heard more unusual molting stories this year than ever before, and people are saying their bunnies are molting either more than usual, or in an unusual manner. One of my bunnies started loosing his fur in patches, another two are losing it continuously.

All I can suggest at this point is to keep wetting your hands and running them over his body to get off as much hair as possible, and/or brush him if he'll tolerate it.

Do you have any pictures? I'm assuming it's a molt. (Love to see Sniffy pics anyway!)

Stay safe!

sas

Sadly I have only old pictures of sniff, without his baldness, but I willput them up when I have the time^^.

I will try that, though he is not a fan of water (But his annoying habit to knock of his water bowl) Thank you!

Sivan

Latest posts

Back