Sneezy bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Q-tip's got the sneezes. I posted a few weeks ago about her maybe having allergies, but she continues to sneeze. There's no discharge from her nose, she apparently feels fine, she just has random sneezytimes. She'll sneeze like three times in a row every two or three hours. This from a bunny who until a month or so ago had probably sneezed three times in a year.

She'll be going to the vet for a checkup in December, but does anyone have a sneezy bun? With allergies in Texas, is it possible that she just has allergies, like a human does? She didn't get them last year, but this year the pollen content is really high.

She's her normal self, eating and drinking fine. I did switch her over to coastal hay and she started sneezing about a week later, but she loves the taste, and unlike the oxbow, there isn't hay dust anymore. Could she be allergic to the smell of the hay but not the taste?

When I give Becky alfalfa she sneezes. She gets a handful once a week to keep her weight up. She will be gobbling it down and guarenteed to sneeze at least 3 or 4 times before the little bit is gone. It's the only time she sneezes and there's never discharge or anything, so I figured it is just an allergy. It's kinda cute since I know she's ok.

That's how I feel too...it's cute! So you think she's got an allergy to the coastal hay but loves the taste anyway? Kinda like how I am with clementines....hehe....

We use timothy hay for our two buns. Every once in awhile they will get into a sneezing fit. They will sneeze easily 5 times in a row. It's amazingly cute. I used to worry but the vet said they are both healthy and they both do it.

I have kinda stopped worrying about it although I feel as it's gotten colder, they have been sneezing less.

Latest posts

Back