Sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My buns is sneezing a lot. Do rabbits get allergies like people? She's an inside rabbit, so I doubt it would be plants causing the allergies. We have two cats, but could something with fur be allergic to fur? I have noticed she does it a lot when she's shedding. Could she be allergic to herself? That just seems weird.

yup, some bunnies do have mild allergies, especially this time of year.

Is there any nasal discharge that you notice? Any matting on her front paws?

Is she eating and pooping normally?

If the answer is no, no and yes :)she should be ok. Just keep an eye out for any discharge.

She wiggles her nose a lot, but that's normal. There isn't nasal discharge, but she has gotten a few eye goopies.
Matting on her front paws like actual hair mats? If so, no.
She's eating pretty well and drinking a lot. She's pooing on the bed, but I don't think this has anything to do with that. :biggrin2:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mine sneeze practically daily while grooming, they get hairs in their nose and makes them sneeze. Mine are in great health and I keep an eye on what comes out of their noses, even though they dislike their nose being rubbed by my finger just to check. It's always clear and so thin.

Edited to add: This has been happening for not only months, but years with Angel anyway. It's when they groom, they tend to sneeze.

Just make sure there isn't any discharge so to speak.;)

Your bun could have allergies.

If you see that your bun has guck in the eyes and has a runny nose with the sneezes take the bun in right away.

It could be anything, but I would take it in too the vet just in case.

My dead bun Bud had pasteralla (it killed him):(. One of the signs of pasteralla is snezzing, so naturaly it worries me. It's proably nothing.:? But I still worry about snezzes.

-TK

Latest posts

Back