Sneezing Bunny?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
So, yesterday I went to meet a lady who I was buying a Lion Head rabbit off of. The LIon head seems very healthy but timid. But this lady had a Netherland dwarf which I also decided to buy. The bunny seemed find at first but after getting him home and settled in his spot, he started sneezing.. and not just a little. He sneezed quite a bit and had mucus coming out of his nose. I cleaned him up. But then he was sneezing more. I have him away from my other rabbits as I do not want any of them catching anything. I have 2 pregnant does at this point which I do not want to risk getting sick!

I will be doign some more of my own research on the sneezing and of course will keep a close eye on him, but any ideas why this could be happening?

It was a clearish white. I have never seen that in any of my rabbits.. I tried googling and come up with mixed answers.. so I am making an appointment for him at the vet.

A vet is definitely a good idea. Rabbits can get a number of respiratory illnesses which in the past have been lumped together under the term "snuffles." He'll likely need a course of antibiotics to clear this up.

Latest posts

Back