Small Poop and Cecal Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monklover

Reaction score
Our new bun, Roxie, has VERY tiny poops and cecal pellets. She might of had then when she was at the shelter but I'm not sure. Could it be due to stress? I can't remeber what cecal pellets in the litter box is from... is it too much protien? She has barely eaten anything since she got here. She is still settling in. She has maybe eaten a couple pellets and some lettuce and maybe a little hay since she has gone in her litter box. Thanks!:?

How long has she been with you? Not eating much will cause the tiny poops.

Excess cecals can be too much protein I think, but also too many carbs and/or not enoughfibre.

How old is she? What was she eating before hand? If the poops are tiny and hard, it would be good to keep her hydratedif you can.

Canned pumpkin works well because it's high fibre and moist.

sas

I have had her for about 6 hours. I just can't remember how old she is.. I think around 6-7 months. I would give her pumpkin but I don't have any..and my parents are gone.... I will check the freezer...I'm sure I put some in there....

Ah, we you shouldn't have anything to worry about. She'll be stressed for a bit, but she's already nibbling, so she'll be fine. :)

Just make sure she has plenty of hay and water. If she was eating veggies at the shelter, give her what she wants, but unless you know what she was having before, only one at a time to make sure none give her runny poops or gas. Some buns get reactions like that to some veggies.

Congrats on your new arrival.

sas

She may not have been getting much water, which can cause the very small poops. Just keep an eye that she's drinking water. If it seems like she's not, you can some pedialyite or juice (apple, pineapple) to entice her to drink more:).

Good Luck with your new addition and Congrats!

Latest posts

Back