slightly yellow nose... small case of snuffles perhaps?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstin

Reaction score
My Lop Cross, Patches (about 9 months old), female, has a slightly runningyellow nose. It's nothing major, because the sides of her paws are not matted, and I have not seen her sneezing or anything of the sort.

Her diet consists of 1 and a half cups of pellets a day, and unlimited hay. She lives in a medium-sized cage in my shed, complete with ventilation and a fan.

Is there some kind of homemade remedy that I can give her to be sure it doesn't worsen?

:anyone:

I personally would get it checked out. She's young and should be healthy. If her nose is running all the time, and it is not just clear mucus, it could be a URI. My Muffin has a wet nose sometimes but she has been seen by a vet (annually) several times since I first noticed it(when I first got her) and has been given a clean bill of health. Slight discoloration or dampness on the nose can be ok, but it usually isn't and should be cleared by a vet to make sure it's nothing to worry about.

ive heard that clear discharge is not bad but if its thick white or yellow its not..
are ur pellets or hay dusty ? could just be something thats irritating their nose...
tobramycin nose drops or Rabbitmycin is cheap and u can buy without a prescription online..
ive also heard that mixed properly Vanodine sprayed in the nose works too..dont quote me on this stuff im just repeating what ive researched.

ive taken snotty buns to the vet,.we do the Pen g inj. and tobramycin drops
just recently found a bun at a local park hes snotty and quarantined at the moment ...used the vanodine up nose on him and started pen g inj..hopefully he can join the others soon..

i dont think its something that u can just ignore..

I would not put vanodine in the nose. What is Rabbitmycin?

I found many references to rabbit mycin when I attempted to look it up ; the strange thing is that I cannot find what what type of antibiotic that it is.
I would also be concerned with a yellowish discharge even if it is not extreme

my snowflake sometimes gets a slightly yellow nose and it's slightly wet, but that's mainly because she has to stick her nosy nose in her food bowl and get carrots and stuff all over her nose! :nonono: I wouldn't worry, but is there any other response? If there is, I recommend taking her to the vet. :)

Rabbitmycin ingredients: Neomycin sulfates 6mg/cc Oxymetazoline hydrochloride .05% in saline solution

again ive never tried it..just repeating what i researched.

Latest posts

Back