Slightly wet nose with clear discharge??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello and happy new year to the fellow bun parents! 😊 About two weeks ago I noticed that my girl's nose is a bit more wet than usual. She's not sneezing or anything like that there's not that much of it but more than I've ever seen with her. It's not white discharge but I'm terrified of her catching snuffles. She wouldn't do well with long term antibiotics, she has enough tummy problems without them. We were at the vet last week for something else and I didn't think much of it yet so I didn't mention it but the vet said she seems healthy overall. She's acting normal the only weird thing I noticed is that she stopped digging in her hay bag about 2 days ago which she likes to do occasionally. I wonder if dust from her hay is causing it? The current box isn't very dusty but there is a bit if it. Can rabbits be allergic to timothy hay? Is it maybe normal during winter?

Dusty hay or a sensitivity to the hay, could definitely be a cause. Maybe try a different batch of hay to see if that makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back