Slave new home so new start for the bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttons Mum

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My husband and I have just moved into a house with a big back garden. At the moment the poor bunnies are stuck living in the shed with a nice run about in the house at night, but I really need to get a new house built too.

They are outside bunnies, but what we're planing on doing is dedicating half of the shed to them so they have a waterproof warm inside. Butcut an opening in the side of it that will lead out into an outside run.

The help I need is what to put on the floor as when we've had them on grass before they've dug out or scrapped in the dirt and ended up really dirty and damp. and I worry about fly strike as it starts getting warmer.

I also want to know if bunnies like to climb? Do I make some shelves in there for them all to climb on. We're planning on making it the full width of the side of the shed so about6 foot and then we have probably about 3.5 foot out of the side of the shed before there is a hazel tree. is Hazel dangerous to bunnies?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't know where to start!

Latest posts

Back