Sky Is Starting to Bite...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybunny11

Reaction score
I do not like to pick favorites at all but I have to say Sky is my baby. Sky is a year, almost year and a half year old Buck. He is a Mini Rex. I have raised him since he was born with 3 other siblings. All of which got homes but he stayed:biggrin2: He lived on and off in my room since he was a baby but was eased off of that about 4 months ago. Sky has always been a sweetie pie and I love him so much:) I love all my bunnies of course. He has never been bred before. Sky started about a week ago biting people. He started biting at my brother and father, then my mother. Now, he bites at all of them. Today my mother was feeding them while I was gone, Sky came at her open mouth to bite. She pulled away just in time though. But he is still a sweetie to me, He lets me hold and play with him. No one else though. The show 2 days ago I played with him before he went up, he was happy but when the judge touched him he got all stiff. I have no idea what is going on but he is fine with me but not with anyone else. Any idea's what might be happening?

Sounds to me like he just wants you and nobody else. Your his "slave" and he doesn't want to share himself with anybody else, so I think that might be why he's doing that, but it's just a guess.

He wants attention from you, and when it's from others and not you, he gets angry. That's what it sounds like to me, and that is very weird. :?I wonder what caused this sudden mood swing?

Emily

He's probably not comfortable with others in his space. I've found that Bo is funny about anyone but me and the kids and he has been that way with me too and he's my baby! I think mini-rex are sometimes moody/opinionated about things more than some other bunnies.

Also, if he's maturing, he's probably dealing with hormones.

Thanks guys. Is there anyway I can fix his problem towards other people? Or do I just make sure he is fine with me and warn everyone not to pet him unless he is in my hands and secure?

Does he do this anywhere he is, or is it mostly if the others come into your room, or reach into his cage? If it is a territory issue, neutering would probably help. He very well may see you as his mate, LOL. Does he ever run in circles around your feet?

Latest posts

Back