sick or ill?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoiledBuni

Reaction score
Hello everybunny,

Since the weather here in New York has gottoncold, I have increase my bunny's diet with one teaspoon on oats andpellets. But my rabbit has been excreating less even with the increaseof food. She also sometimes, exercises about 15 minutes less thanusual. Also sometimes in the morning wheni let her out for playtime, ifind her ears are cold but shes an indoor bun. Is she sick? Do i needto increase her amount of food even more? What should i do? Anyadvice?:?

By the way, sorry:( i have been busy and haventbeen able to come on. So just in case i make a dumb comment on apost/topic,I apoligize in advence because i havent been up todate on recent events on this forum.Also hope all of you hada happy Halloween. (MY bunny looks SO CUTE in her halloween costume buti havent figured out how to post it.:D)

~SpoiledBuni's Mommy

If she is an indoor rabbit, there is no reason to increase her feed as it will adversely affect her health.

While illness can cause the ears to be very hot or cold, eartemperature can also vary widely depending on air temperatureandwhether the rabbit has been holding its ears up or downagainst its body.

Pam

she is an indoor bun but she lives in thebasement so the temperature does drop in the winter, thus i increasedher amount of food. (sorry i didnt mention this before).

Im not so sure so far its only got down to about60 degrees F but its not even winter yet. Would just feeding a teaspoonmore of food really affect her that much? Or do you think this decreasein excreates is due to a blockage or something else? (and thank you forhelping me pamnock)

I've found the weight increase I've had after Iquit smoking has significantly affected my health. To look atme, you wouldn't consider me to be heavy, but any extra fat causes theheart to work *much* harder to supply the additional tissue withnutrients.

This may or may not be a factor in the changes you are seeing in yourrabbit. Until it drops to below 40 degrees, your rabbit (whois well dressed in a fur coat) is not going to require an increase incalories to keep warm.

More exercise is important and don't increase the food much just yet.

Pam

Latest posts

Back