Showing Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScoobyDoo

Reaction score
Out in the middle of a Cornfield..., Iowa, USA
I've shown before but I've never run into this problem in the past. I recently got my new bun Leo (he is amazing!) and he was already nuetured before I got him. I just show in my local 4H/FFA show at county fair but I was past the entry date by the time I got him. Anyways, some people were telling me that I couldn't show nuetured rabbits and I just want to know if that's true. In a big show that follows rules closely I'm sure that's true, but this isonly a small county fair, so I don't know. Lol, can anyone clear this up for me?

~*Caitlin*~

I was a 4-H advisor, my kids are still in 4-H and I judge 4-H rabbit shows -- rules vary widely by county. Some have classes that neutered rabbits can be shown in - others don't.

If you can't show him in the breed show, perhaps they'd still allow you to do showmanship with him.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

clover4.gif

Yeah, I suppose I will call my extension office sometime. As for the showmanship classes, here all they do is interview you (without bunny) and if you make it to the "finals", which only has like 3 people, then you bring your rabbit out. I made it one year, that's how I know that :D. I hope I can show Leo, he is absolutely adorable! But yeah, thanks again!

~*Caitlin*~

If your 4-H handbook says it goes by ARBA rules then you can't. Our fair goes by ARBA rules so we cannot show altered animals except for in the pet rabbit classes. Most of the time the extension office clueless about things that aren't stated specifically in the handbook. If there is a list of superintendants for your upcoming fair, then call the superintendant for the rabbit show. Hope this helps, this is just how our fair is run, though.

Ellie

Thanks! Yeah, there is a list but since the next fair isn't for 11 months I think I'll wait a little (sometimes they change people). Plus, Ihopeto get another bunny, lol, once I talk my mom into it! :bunnydance:Yay Bunnies! Except fpr this year, I don't think we have ever gone by ARBA rules, at least it wasn't mentioned in the handbook they gave out.

~*Caitlin*~

Latest posts

Back