'show' cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorbyJobRabbits

Reaction score
Well my first show, I was lacking a holding cage. And held my bun most the time, and took him back to the truck to sit in his box for just a little bit.....

well, the upcoming show at the end of December, I would really love to, and NEED to put together some small holding pens at the show.

A lot of the people built their cages right on the cart, which is what I'd like to do. I've back problems and carrying 3 or so Harlequins may not work out so great lol.

Sooo, those of you with larger rabbits, what are the smallest dimensions for the carrying cages? Have any of you built the cages over a wagon of some sort and could give some help with construction?

And size dimensions for mini rex, velveteens, florida whites, and Harlequins.

I'm searching the web for stuff, but new ideas to make it easier is always great! thanks for any input.

You might want to look at the carts and cages at www.bunnyrabbit.com to get ideas for sizes, etc. Most folks down here use them and another supplier for the carts, etc. (versus making their own) - at least the smaller breeders - not sure about the bigger breeders.

We actually used this for our showbox to get it to the state fair, and now for my sons tack to get it to the rodeos from the trailer to the prep area..we also use it to load cages on for rabbit shows..

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area.. these in the store are actually $69.99, and then they usually have an instore coupon for 10% off.. so we got a really good deal on ours..

Just don't buy it online.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38137

Thats actually the type of wagon we were looking for! I've not a clue where a harbor freight would be.

We're not wanting to buy from any suppliers, its just too much money to put into them. The wires really easy to assymbol ourselves. Just lookin for other ideas that we may have overlooked.

Thank you guys for the info!

I've seen those wagons for sale in the garden area of Wal- Mart before.. they have the sides on them, but they are removable. They also have them at Tractor Supply.

I honestly have no idea on cage construction, a friend who worked at the feed store bought 30 or so 3 hole show carriers off the junk man for $10 apiece, so I bought mine off her..had my neighbor sandblast them.. we repainted them.. and got really nice carriers for a song..they are the heavy duty ones with the bottoms and handles and such..so I lucked out in that respect..

Best of luck to you..

Latest posts

Back