She didn't finish her food last night!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myLoki

Reaction score
Lily didn't finish her pellets last night. By the next morning they are usually all gone. I just threw out what she had and refilled it and she showed no interest where she usually immediately starts eating. I changed her litter this morning to see if her poops had changed in size. They are SMALLER! They are solid but definitely smaller than normal. She's acting normally. She isn't acting like she's in pain. Her tummy feels fine and there is no gurgling. I'm so worried!:( I see her eating hay and drinking water, but I'm still worried. Someone reassure me!

t.

All of my buns have been drinking less than normal.
Three of them have started to eat less than normal, too....about half of what they normally do.
They are acting normal.
Their output is proportional to their input.
Poops are a bit smaller than usual...but in adequate quantity

They also did this last fall....and the one before...etc.

I'm thinking that this is a seasonal transition thingy?

I'd still keep a close eye on her.
Might be a good time to check your home treatment supplies, too.

Naturestee has always told me as Angel's poops are small, add some juice to the water to entice more drinking of water (Pediatlyte will work just as well). Small poops is an indication of not enough water. Not a huge deal though. Just see if that helps. It's good she's drinking water though, but encourage more.:D

AAnnd, while you keep an eye on her, this is a good example of a time Nutrical would be GREAT. Keep her energy and nutients up while she is being picky with the food and water.

I use it whenever my guys show signs of being picky with food. I'm convinced the boost in energy encourages them to get back on track and eating.

Nadia

Some of the rabbits here are doing this too - Jenson went three days eating less than his normal amount and then suddenly...he started eating again. I really think part of it is our weather.

I would do the following...

a. Add some vanilla to her water - or add a bit of flavored pedialyte. Most of my rabbits like the grape pedialyte.

b. Has she been eating greens? Try some parsley or cilantro.

c. Keep giving her the hay....that will keep things moving. I've been known to give oats too but not too much...

If worse comes to worse - you could try to get some canned pumpkin/baby food mixture into her. But honestly - if she IS pooping and drinking and stuff...I wouldn't be worrying yet.

Peg

myLoki wrote:
Lily didn't finish her pellets last night. By the next morning they are usually all gone. I just threw out what she had and refilled it and she showed no interest where she usually immediately starts eating. I changed her litter this morning to see if her poops had changed in size. They are SMALLER! They are solid but definitely smaller than normal. She's acting normally. She isn't acting like she's in pain. Her tummy feels fine and there is no gurgling. I'm so worried!:( I see her eating hay and drinking water, but I'm still worried. Someone reassure me!

t.

Ok. It seems like I was a bit premature in my freak out. She completely finished her pellets, hay, and parsley by this morning. I'm still watching her but she seems very relaxed and normal. Poops are still a little bit smaller than usual, but they're bigger than yesterdays. Still drinking water pretty consistently.

t.

Latest posts

Back