Shaking Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade

Reaction score
If you read my post under the rabbitry topic, you'll know that I just recently found two rexes that someone had let loose. I took an immediate liking to one of them, a chocolate brown male, but whenever I hold him he shakes a lot and it seems he's breathing prettyhard fast. Is this just him afraid, or could it be more serious?

He could have mites or fleas from being in the wild. I would just keep an eye on his breathing and keep him away from your current bun. I'd also recommend getting him looked at by a vet just to make sure he's healthy.

My mini-Rex is like that when I hold him, but it's mostly nerves and attitude. He's a willful little guy and gets quite perturbed.

Most bunnies have a fear of heights and they don't like being confined -- that's what usually happens right before they get eaten. Try only picking him up when your sitting down.

This may not be the explanation, though. Shaking isn't all that usual in my experience. The last guy I saw here with a shaking bunny took her to the vet and found out she was overheated.

As Spring said, best to get him checked out.

Keep us updated!

sas :)and the gang of five :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Pipp wrote:
The last guy I saw here with a shaking bunny took her to the vet and found out she was overheated.

As Spring said, best to get him checked out.

Keep us updated!

sas :)and the gang of five :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:
Overheating was the first thing I thought of, too.

~Jim

But wouldn't it have to be hot for them to get overheated? Cause we were in my air conditioned house and it wasn't hot at all.

Gretchen moves her nose really fast when she is "relaxing" and seems to be breathing really hard. It almost seems that she is panting. Is this what you are talking about. She is out of the heat too. And I've been wondering about it.

I've been figuring that is normal.Gretchen doesn't do it all the time and is usually in a happy bunny place when she does it.

Someone else might have more insight.

Yeah, he doesn't seem distressed at all when he's doing it. Earlier today I had him on my bed and he was hopping around sniffing things out and he was doing it.

Gretchen is half mini-rex. Maybe it is a rex thing. She has quite an attitude and is very spunky.

Yeah it might be. Cause I know the female does it as well, but my Holland lop doesn't. Of course this could also be because they're in a whole new environment and I've had my lop for 4 years.

Latest posts

Back