Semi-professional help please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basil24

Reaction score
Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia, Canada
So I rescued a rabbit today, and he seemed to have a lot of gas, and his adrenalin was really high until I got him into his new pen.
When he had settled, I had given him one drop of Ovol. (Suggested gas remedy)
I gave this to him around 6 30 pm.
I was wondering how long I should wait before giving him another drop? (Not even 0.25mL)
I was told it usually takes 2 cc but he was living outside for a while and I'm not sure how he's going to react to it.
He is also very young.
I'm going to guess about 7 - 8 months?
If anyone has any suggestions this time of night, let me know!

Thanks
Tina :bunnybutt:

Oh my, what a dear you are for rescuing the poor thing! Thanks for doing so.:D

I'm not an inf mod or knowing of Ovol, here we give the baby version of gas meds. I've heard of that being used, just not sure of the dosage. It can't hurt to give a bit more as it won't 'overdose' a bun. Tummy massages can work real well. Feeding pumpkin, plain, is great for fiber if you can get ahold of some. Pushing hay and limiting pellets is always recommended. You want to get gut staying moving along.

Hi, I usually suggest 1mL/hr for 3 hours. Why did you give him the ovol? Is he not pooping? Sitting like he's uncomfortable?

I'm sorry. I didn't notice you said it seems like he has a lot of gas. You can definitely give more ovol and if you think he's in pain, you can also give ibuprofen.

Latest posts

Back