Seizures and rabbits - advice, please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lburfitt

Reaction score
We are thinking of adopting a white lop rabbit. She's 2.5 years old and is at our local humane society here in Portland.

Our one red flag is that she's had one apparent seizure while at the shelter, witnessed by youth volunteers who said she flopped down and shook violently for a second or two. It hasn't been witnessed since or prior to that. The staff there think that it is possible that it wasn't a seizure, because as we all know, rabbit movements can be pretty fast and abrupt. However, it's now on record that she possible had a seizure. Her medical exam after the fact did not show anything abnormal.

So, I'm seeking out any advice on what to do here. Does anyone out here in rabbitsonline land have rabbits that have seizures? I'm a little resistant now because of this, because some rabbit seizure meds can cost up to $50 a month.

Any advice, extra information, or what now would be most appreciated! Of course, I'm also worried that she won't get adopted out every because of this, it almost makes me want to adopt her more to give her a better life, regardless!

Linda

Latest posts

Back