Scratched old design when I saw this one!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXsouthrngrl

Reaction score
Who ever has this, it is a beautiful bunny home!! I loved it! I didnt like all the wasted space in the outside yard so I made some adjustments and I think I came up withMYperfect outdoor bunny home. Now if you see something I should change, please let me know so I can fix it before construction starts.

There will be 2 windows, one on each side of the top row, that will have solid covers that can be raised or lowered depending on the weather. I also added an extra run on the 2nd row side with storage above that for litter, toys, whatever ( I figured they are like children and need their toys changed out to prevent boredom). Not sure if I will do the same on the other side as I will have to see what the one side looks like first. The veggies/herbs will still be there.

My brain, for some reason, will not let me have only 2 rows which is why there are 3 at a hieght of 2 feet each. I think I will put down coroplast and carpet and see if they wont chew it up. I dont get them for another couple of weeks so I dont know if they are chewers or not. All of the walls (solid/wire/solid ramp) will be on hinges to let down for easier cleaning. The solid ramp can be let down for access to the outside part.

I have not decided yet but I think the width of the whole thing will be about5 to6 feet and the length any where from 6 to 8. Plus I'm thinking about putting a fence all around it (about 3 or 4 feet on each side) so theanimals cant get too close and scare them. I have dwarf goats that like to investigate EVERYTHING when they are let out of their pen which is almost everyday.

Hope I explained it well enough.... The door is still in the middle but in the pic its covered by the storage drawing. I like the fact that its up above ground to prevent jump outs when coming and going.

P.S. Thank you to all that repiled to my first house idea. Thats why I am putting the rows 2 feet high and using the coroplast and carpet for floors.

Mybunnycage1.jpg

Wow!! I could move in there! I can't show it to my bunnies, they'll be packing their bags. ;)

I haven't seen your previous plan, but the biggest challenge will be making it REALLY secure from predators like dogs, raccoons, coyotes or whatever you have in your area. Even if you don't have any hanging around now, rabbits tend to attract them.

A pack of dogs can break through wire and doors unless they're really solid, heavy and sturdy.

I wouldn't worry about the goats scaring them, though.

sas :bunnydance:

Yea, security is a major concern of mine. I live in the country where possums, wild hogs, whatever roam around. My whole 6+ acres is fenced but there are areas that are weak. Which is why I was thinking about putting the extra fenced yard around it. The house will be made of heavy duty wire with spacing you can hardly put your finger through (we have snakes too). I and my mother have dogs that keep most critters away but I would rather be safe then sorry.

you know if you have concerns about wasted space My thought is that you could build ramps for the buns to run up and down on in the fenced in area...

WoW that rocks, I so wish I had the patience to do something like that for my rabbits!

Well I would also need to learn how to use a hammer oh and how to Build Ha Ha!

And then the money for the materials!

Latest posts

Back