Sastifying that "digging urge"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertismygod

Reaction score
Right nowmy Rabbit's cage has towels & sheets as its flooring. However, my Rabbit willdig it, scratch it, and nip it.

Should I use a different type of flooring?

Are there toys, or materials that would sastify their digging urges?

Well, if he is a "digger" then you may have some issues with the sheets. You should try a wooden floor with tiles so that way there isn't anything to dig up or nip at. And then you could get a small plastic tote and fill it with dirt,sand,wood shavings, paper bedding, ect. so that way he has a spot to take his digging urges out in :)

It will probably be kinda messy though :wiggle

Wooden floor or tiles would probably be uncomfortable for his feet or joints, especially when he lies down or tries to run.

Although, it would prevent him from diggin, it wouldn't be comfortable.

With the sheets & towels, he can lay down wherever he wants and run in a comfortable manner without sliding.

I suppose, I could always make a corner of paper bedding where he can do dig up. Unless, I find a better material.

Um,
I have wooden levels with tile flooring.

I have grass mats all over my cage as well and my bunnies just loves his cage. It doesn't hurt his feet at all..or joints.
I don't know where your getting that idea.

He likes that the tiles are nice and cool and he sprawls out on them all the time. or sometimes, I find him laying on his grass mats.

You asked for suggestions, I have them.

Whiskerz wrote:
Um,
I have wooden levels with tile flooring.

Could you send me a picture of what your's look like?

I suppose I could always find the grass mats at any pet store.

Is this your flooring at home, or actually inside the cage/pen itself?

what i did is take those too small cages you get at the pet store and i just ues the bottom and put bedding in it. my bun loves it. plus the bottoms are tall enough that when the bedding (or sand or dirt, up to you) goes flying, it only hits the walls of the bin. and my bun can jump out of it easily, so no problems there ^_^

we use a deep litter box and fill it with hand shredded newspaper. Coal really loves it and spends hour digging and disappearing in it. Sometimes all you can see is the paper moving or her ears poking up like a periscope.

I just bought the sticky tiles and stuck 'em to the plywood flooring. You can get them per piece in the flooring section of The Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, (any home improvement store I would think). Mine were 65 cents a tile I think. They work great!

Latest posts

Back