Sad news...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyOnslaught

Reaction score
I lost the little runt this afternoon. I feel horrible too. I had a hand towel in the box and it looks like he got under there. I think the others got on top of him too so I guess he just couldn't get out and hubby thinks he suffocated. Maybe it is for the best though and hubby keeps telling me that's how nature really is...the weak don't survive. I was already worrying about him as he didn't seem to be getting as much nutrition so maybe he's better off. It's just really sad though :-(.

I came home and one had gotten out of the box (I'm going to fix it now) and was shaking but I think it was just sleeping. When I touched it it started squirming normally and I put it back with it's siblings.

I'm sorry you lost the little one :(.

I'm sorry for the loss of the little one. Your husband may be right, it could be for the best. Don't blame yourself...

Thank you everyone. I'm still sad over it but at least I don't have to worry about him anymore. He was wondering off a little and that was worrying me too as he was leaving his siblings. I haven't dealt with much death although this year has been a doozy. In January the family cat had to be put to sleep at 16 (luckily she just suddenly got sick and didn't suffer). My Dad was murdered in February, I lost my grandmother to cancer in May and then him in October. Just a lot to deal with, much less the stuff dealing with my Dad's affairs. Sorry to blab on...

Sometimes they know something is wrong and will try to leave the nest. Sort of an attempt to crawl off somewhere alone... I sincerely doubt there was anything you could have done to help him. It's just the way it is with bunnies.

I'm truely sorry for all your losses. Rough year to handle... We are all here for you dear... PM me if you need to ramble. :hug:

Latest posts

Back