Runny Eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never actually helped to x-ray a rabbit, but when we do cats & dogs for a thoracic view, usually the head is not in the picture so chances are there wouldn't be a skull in the x-ray.

Did the watering go away while he was on the antibiotics?

Usually when I syringe meds, I'll do the syringe of meds followed by a syringe of juice. That way I sort of rinse out what's left in the syringe and they also learn to associate the syringes with something other than yucky meds.

If it improved on antibioitics then that would indicate that it is bacterial in nature. Now you need to find out the source of the infection
teeth , tear ducts ???

I was thinking that it was bacterial too. There where 2 times where the watering went away, and then came back. I read that their tear dusts can be blocked by bacteria, so maybe thats what he has since the antibiotics helped. I dont feel any abcesses on him, so thats a good sign I guess.

Thanks for all your help everyone :)

OK, so it turned out Smudge had some molar spurs after all :) He did really really good, but I feel kinda bad for him... There is some blood in the corners of his mouth from getting his molars trimmed, and he looks like a lil vampire bunny LOL .
I also have to cut his pellets down from 1/4 cup to 1/8 cup so he eats more hay, and hes on Baytril for the week.
I hope that molar spurs where all that was wrong with him, and that they dont come back!

Oh, poor little guy. Did they send him home with pain medicine at all? Hay should help, and if you like, you can take him out on the grass (if it's not sprayed), as that wears the teeth down more.

He got a shot of pain meds at the vet, but I was only sent home with antibiotics. He doesnt seem to be in pain anymore though, because hes munching on hay and eating like crazy again!
Thats a good idea :) Our grass isnt sprayed, and I havent taken his out there in a while, so he would probably enjoy that!

Latest posts

Back