Roofing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelittleladybug

Reaction score
I've been working on a four slot wooden hutch lately but I've come to the roofing part. Anyone have any suggestions on wat I can use for the roof? I'll be putting wire cages on top of the hutch so I'm not sure if I should just use wood or shingels. (I'll be making the roof on top of the wire cages a plastic 'tin' roof. But I have no idea wat to use between the wooden hutch and the wire cages.

The wooden hutch 8ft long and 2ft wide n high.

Where are you putting it? If it is in another structure like a shed or garage, you don't really need a roof other than to have a solid top. It it is outside and exposed to the elements, you want to make use it can survive.
Since you will be putting other cages on top, I would use wood, but cover it with something just incase the upper rabbits pee and it doesn't go into the pan. If you ever did want to take the top wire cages off, you might want to be able to add a better roof. Some lenolium or stick on tiles would work.
As you live in Florida, it should be water proof, but you don't really have to worry about snow.

Thank you so much for your advice. It's funny, i'm using linoleum on the back wall of the cage (against wood) so i can easily rinse it off once peed on. LOL. I never thought of doing this with the roof. Darn...I JUST bought so linoleum 3 hours ago! ahhh. haha. Thank you tho!

The hutch will be placed outside, hopefully soon we will have it covered by a canopy of some sort. :whistling

if you need to use wood, i would say have some sort of tarp or shingles over it, the weather might cause the wood to rot

Latest posts

Back